Where would a blog be without a links page?
So, without further ado, here are a list of other pages that we feel are worthy of note. Discussion groups, contest sites, and writer/film-maker personal sites.
- Done Deal Pro – A discussion site for the ‘big boys’ of screenwriting; including many working professionals who have been through the trenches of this difficult industry.
- IndieTalk – a site dedicated to the production end of filmmaking – including directing, cinematography, gear and more.
- Movie Poet – Another writer’s discussion board with a tight sense of community, and a place to showcase their work.
- Scriptshadow – a screenwriting blog headed by Carson Reeves (aka Scriptshadow) and dedicated to reviewing industry scripts (with Fridays set aside for Amateur Review.)
- Stage 32 – A great discussion group and community, complete with a lounge, articles, and job boards
- Talentville – A screenwriting community, focused on making connections between producers and writers.
Script and Film Festivals of Note
- Austin Film Festival – A well-known film festival that has resulted in several spec sales.
- Bluecat – Another reputable screenplay contest, established in 1998. In addition to a shot at the grand prize, each submitted script receives insightful coverage/input from two contest readers.
- MovieBytes – A great list of contests and available festivals; complete with reviews, descriptions and deadlines.
- Nicholl – The grand-daddy of all screenplay contests, run by the folks who produce the Oscars
- Page International Screenwriting Awards – A high quality contest that’s resulted in representation for several new writers